Wednesday, August 25, 2010

celebrity.

London has already come and gone but good times were had despite being 10 metres ahead of my mother at all times. She stopped to take pictures of every street sign that was on the monopoly board and the iconic London pub before she realised they were in fact on every corner.

I've learnt a few things in London. First on all, if you’ve got a friend who has been there for the last 3 years, they now sound like a total twat with their quasi-British accent. Yes, I’m looking at you Sam. Also, I’m huge celebrity in London. So much so that a group of Asian tourists wanted to take photos with me at Trafalgar Square. At first I thought they wanted me to take a picture for them but no. I was in about 6 photos as they all rotated and swapped cameras and kept saying how beautiful I was. I was feeling a little down that day so it was a very nice ego booster. Speaking of celebrity, I also saw Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber at Sister Act. I knew there was someone “special” at the show as the ushers were hanging about in weird places. Ushers have telepathic abilities, so I could feel that there was something going down. Then I saw him when they rushed him out of the auditorium just prior to the curtain. It’s no secret that I wanted to trip him and could have easily done so being seated on the aisle. But imagine what were to happen to the future of music theatre if I were to do so? The mind boggles.

Another show I saw was Priscilla. That’s right, I couldn’t help myself. And I really enjoyed it. The guy that played Felicia was an appalling little queen with a shocking aussie accent to match. The others were really pretty good- except Bob. Played by John Bowe, this guy played it so hammy and desperate. So not right. I saw Bill Hunter come on stage drunk most nights (if he did come on) and he still kicked this guys arse. Pull your socks up John Bowe.

A short 2 hour train trip and we’re in Paris. First of all we climbed the Eiffel Tower. Well ok, maybe not quite. We decided to take the stairs and just past the first level mum started to get a little vertigo-y and so down we headed back down. Mum fail. Just now we’ve came back from the Louvre. I’ve been before and I like it but everyone’s so pushy, it gets really hot and stuffy and you realise that the Mona Lisa is just ‘meh’. But I did see Cathy Freeman there- that was the highlight for me. She’s looking at little tubby, to be honest I think she’s preggers but that’s no excuse! I know that cat suit is stretchy but that tum ain’t gonna hide itself Cathy.

After the Louvre, we went to Free’p’star the most amazing op shop in the world! I don’t wanna talk it up too much but it really is. All the crap has been weeded out and it’s pretty damn cheap too. Not dirt cheap but still totally awesome. You should see the dress I bought! I dunno when I’ll have any reason to wear it but doesn’t every girl need a gold lamé dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment